YAMAHA HATCH & SEAT STRAP KIT & MOUNT KIT INSTALLATION
Here we will show you all the right placement and the correct setup for your Yamaha Hatch and Seat Strap Kit & Mount Kit.
The ski shown below is a 2012 VXS. Other Yamaha models may have slightly different strap placement or alignment, mostly the #1 strap. If you have any questions, please call us.
2012 Yamaha VXS Strap Set Up
**Note, it’s uniform to keep all buckles on the left side of the ski.**
2. The #1 strap connects in two places. The first end (with the hole) sandwiches between the hood and the hoods interior plastic by the mirror bolts. Pull strap straight down and using the brackets mark holes where drilling is needed. Drill holes and attach rivets, use washers as backing on inside of the hull. Repeat for opposite side.
**The mirrors will need to be loosened/dissembled and replaced for installation.
3. The #2 strap is used to keep the sunglass storage and the sides of the front seat from opening up. Align this strap by placing the buckle so the tip of it is just short of the ending of the seat, place strap so it covers the sunglass storage and continues over the other side of the seat. Remove rivets and mark holes where drilling is needed. Drill holes and attach rivets. Repeat for opposite side.
**Note, there is a loop on either side of the strap, this is for an optional use of attaching Velcro, rope, carabineer or some other type of attachment to hold rope securely in gunnel while in transport**
Yamaha Mounting Set Up
Center attachment point: Yamaha
1. Use the 1⁄4 inch U-bolt (the biggest of the three) and the plastic backing plate for this attachment point. Mount the U-bolt in a vertical position in the area that would be right above where the rescue board will rub.
**Note, this area can be found simply by manually holding the rescue board in place and marking the free area.**
2. When drilling the holes for the U-bolt, it is easiest to use the metal plate that attaches to the U-bolt as a guide to where the hole should be drilled. Position the plate where you want to attach the U-bolt, and use a pencil to mark where to drill on the plastic backing plate. Remember the backing plate goes between the hull and the U-bolt, so place the backing plate in position and mark drilling area on the backing plate and drill through the plastic and the hull of the PWC at once. This will ensure that the holes match up.
3. Insert U-bolt into holes and tighten nuts in this order: metal plate, lock washers, nuts and nylon locking nuts. (A deep socket works best)
**Note, on certain models of PWC it might be necessary for a second person to hold the exhaust out of the way for easier access to the inner hull**
Yamaha Side bolts
1. The side U-bolts should be attached through the rubber cooping on the side of the PWC, and in an area that would put the stabilizing shock cordat a 45 degree angle. This area can be found simply by taking the metal backing plate that comes with the U-bolt and butting it against the trailing side of the “bump” (screw cover) in the rubber cooping. Markthe area that needs to be drilled.
2. Drill holes and insert U-bolts. Tighten nuts in this order: metal plate, lock washers, nuts and nylon locking nuts. (A deep socket works best)
Finished and hooked up!